Sunday, September 4, 2011

From the Beginning...

Julie Andrews in the popular 1965 musical, The Sound of Music
Picture Julie Andrews, singing in the Austrian Alps, with children dressed in curtains, and the beautiful Austrian countryside in the background.   One of my favorite musicals is The Sound of Music, which inspires today's post.   

The Sound of Music also happens to be my Mother's favorite musical, as well as Adelia's.  I think I have always known the words to all of the songs in this musical, as does Adelia, now.  It's been passed down for three generations.  My favorite song is "Edelweiss", but another beloved melody from the musical is "Do-Re-Mi". 

Today, we're going to start at the very beginning...

"Let's start at the very beginning
A very good place to start
When you read you begin with A-B-C
When you sing you begin with do-re-mi"

My journey has been a speedy one, and I am thankful to God and my doctors for that.  In case you've missed some of my posts, here's a quick re-cap of how things transpired...

August 2 - Mammogram / Ultrasound   This Can't Be Good
August 18 - Consult with Surgeon / Core Needle Biopsy  Suspicions  
August 20 - Confirmation of Diagnosis  Today's the Day
August 25 - MRI   The Tale of Two Boxes
August 30 - Appointment with Surgeon / Surgery Scheduled  Results Show Part I
September 1 - Pre-Op Bloodwork Completed
September 7 - Right Mastectomy Scheduled...

What a difference 36 days can make in your life!

TTFN,
-S



No comments: