Monday, April 8, 2013

A Promise to Catch Up

When I began this journey, I was very open and honest with you in my thoughts, feelings and experiences.  As my health declined during my treatments, I stopped writing.  I still felt your thoughts and prayers, but it almost came to the point that if I was living it, I didn't want to write about it, too.


Now that I'm older (and hopefully wiser), menopausal and growing more "hair bling" (that's what a friend calls gray hairs),  I realize that in some ways it was just the cowardly way of dealing with things.  In an attempt to "catch you up", I will try to cover the events of the last year, in my journey with breast cancer.  After 19 months with this journey, I still wait for the day to be told that I am "cancer free", but so far, that has not happened. I have learned not to sweat the small stuff, (except when I'm having a hot flash!) and live every day as a gift.

TTFN
-S

P.S.  Have you had your mammogram recently?

1 comment:

Hope said...

So glad to finally see an update from you! Been praying for you :-)